Our client was founded over 100 years ago by a Dutch journalist. He was the first to introduce puzzle magazines to the Dutch public. Nowadays they are the largest publisher of puzzle magazines in Europe. Also, they print puzzles in magazines and newspapers. In total they employ around 300 people in 15 countries worldwide. At the Amsterdam based HQ, you will find about 100 colleagues. The office is located next to the Sloterdijk train station and is part of an office building owned by one of The Netherlands largest publishing companies. The company culture is very informal. People working here are non-corporate and could be described as a bit alternative. One thing is for sure: everyone likes to solve a puzzle every now and then!
This company makes puzzles. They have their own publishing brands, publishing puzzle books and they make puzzles for print- and digital media. In 2017 they an investor has bought the company ensuring quick international growth. They are currently expanding into South-America and Australia. This growth is being realized by buying other companies. This makes the company a dynamic environment where you feel that everyone is excited to do new things.
The puzzles they make are being generated by one core platform which is built in the .NET Framework. They have two business units; print and digital. The International Puzzle System (IPS) is a Windows Client built with C#, ASP.NET and an SQL database. Also, they use .NET Core2. In digital they publish their puzzles on websites using Angular 4.
As a Senior .NET Developer you will become part of a team of 6 Experienced .NET Developers in Amsterdam. You will mainly work on the core system and develop new puzzle generators using .NET Core2, Entity Framework 6, Asp.NET, MVC and SQL. The role is focused on backend. However, if you are up for some front-end work now and then, please step forward!
To succeed within the company it is expected of you that you are highly analytical, have strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and that you are experienced in TDD, know your Design Patterns and know how to use Unit Testing.
Profile of the Senior .NET Developer:
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 5 years work experience as a .NET Developer
• You are experienced in C#, .NET Core(2), ASP.NET Core, MVC, SQL
• You have a background in working with data structures and algorithms
• You have experience in TDD, Design Patterns and Unit Testing
• Experience in front-end technologies is a plus
• You are a team player and know how to work in an Agile/Scrum environment
• You are fluent in English and are already living in The Netherlands (Applicants from outside The Netherlands will not be taken into consideration)
• Up to €5.500,00 gross monthly salary based on fulltime
• 28 holidays
• Travel reimbursement
• Pension Scheme
• Fixed workplace in the office
• Flexible working hours
• Education opportunities
• Growth opportunities
• Working from home in consultation
HBO/WO werk- en denkniveau
Ben jij de persoon voor de job? Solliciteer dan! Neem contact met ons op of vul het onderstaande formulier in...